The problem is illustrative.
1. Christians should advocate open borders. Any other position advocates protection of privilege for those who already hold US citizenship. All privilege is evil.
2. Christians should put the government out of the welfare business by doing a better job of it on their own.
3. Making immigration free puts all the bad guys out of business. End of problem.
4. How to challenge the Mexican government? Threaten their tax base. Open the border to any and all who can pay their own way to get here. Mexico will have to respond by eliminating the privileges to their elites which are holding back development there. With an open border, Mexico and the US become more equal, and everyone is better off in the long run.
5. With open borders, everyone who comes in is legal, and then becomes liable to US laws in ways similar to citizens. Illegals who participate in risky behavior because they already are taking risks just by being here will adopt less risky behavior. Complaints about “drunk Mexicans” will disappear.
6. We have to also get rid of drug laws. A large part of the problems in Mexico today are related to the way the USG has forced Mexico to enforce its drug policy for them. Hence, the violence and other problems have all moved south. Legalize drugs and the gang problems (latino and other) disappear.
I’ve been busy over at God’s Politics again.